Friday, June 12, 2009

Brownies

Today I made a stop-motion video of some brownies. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
Box-o-brownies
2 eggs
Oil*
H2O

*I used melted clarified butter. They brownies would have been more "fluffy" with oil, but working with available resources is an aspect of DIY.

Tools:
Nikon D50
iStopMotion
Adobe Premiere Pro

**So Premiere Pro is completely overkill for a simple audio overlay into a video, but any will work. iStopMotion is a wonderful program that allows users to create stop-motion videos.

Process:
During the process of making brownies, I took photos during each step. I took 451 photos for 37 seconds of footage, this isn't a strict rate of photos per second, so play around. Trial and error is a large part of DIY, and if you really enjoy the project a lot of fun. Tip, take a lot of photos, more than you'll think you'll need, you can always remove photos or speed up the footage, very hard to add in more pictures.

After all the pictures were taken, I uploaded them into iStopMotion. From there I made a 37 second video and exported it over to Premiere Pro. Then I added in some fun music, and presto video done.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! I love it when you make things.

    ReplyDelete